AHA/AHT/Novice Therapist Program
We are building an innovative framework for our next generation of great clinicians
In our QLD team, we are currently carrying out a significant reform of our support system to our allied health assistant/allied health therapy trainee. The reform is based on the feedback provided by our previous AHA/AHT as well as our new graduate therapists that we are trying to build up a sustainable, supportive & feasible framework to help our new generation of clinicians to grow.
We have included the following focused areas of change, with the support of our clinical educator and AHT coordinators:
1. Progressive role & task changes as per the allied health trainee's level of experience and availability;
2. Appointment of a primary supervisor to each of the trainee to ensure their regular access to supervision and support ;
3. Rotational caseload between physical, psychosocial & paediatrics caseloads;
4. Involvement of AHA/AHT in CPD and quality improvement activities;
5. Loyalty and performance reward for successful candidates who transitioned from an AHT to a new graduate/novice level of clinician
We are ongoingly reviewing this model and we will be inviting the AHA/AHT to contribute to this process. We are confident that it will continue to evolve to provide better support and growth opportunity for our next generation of GRS clinicians.